Question
Posted by: Rachael Mannu | 2011/01/10

Got my period while on Active Pill of Yas

Hi, I missed my pill 3 days in a row, so I decided not to take anymore as it would defeat the purpose and rather use other means of protection. I have however now got my period and if I look on my Yas pack, it''s a week and a half early. What do I do. Do I take the pill as if I am starting a new pack, start on silver section on day 1 of period. I''m a little confused. Just wanna make sure I am protected and I''m not sure how to start the new pack now. Also my paharmacy wont give me a new pack on my script, as it''s 2 weeks early.

You had a period because you missed pills. You should have just continued the pack and used extra precautions. Just continue with the active pills now and skip the placebo pills at the end of the pack and carry on with the next pack. You should use extra precautions for two weeks.

1