Posted by: JJ | 2009-07-22

Got a big problem

There' s just too much things wrong with me, like I need to get a circimcision, my body is full of scars left by boils, my teeth is not to good, I dont like the way my voice sounds. Im always thinking negative things of what other people think of me, don' t have any friends so Im all on my own. When Im listening/reading/watching the news I get more negative. I dont know what to do to forget about all this and live a normal life. Any advice please. Thanks

From the sound of it, I think the central problem is low self-esteem. People with any or all of the issues you mention can, when they learn to like themselves, be highly attractive to other people. Seeing a counsellor, especially one using CBT methods could help a whole lot. It's the negative thoughts that seem to have bcome a habit to you, which give others ( as well as yourself ) a negative impression of you. There might be a degree of depression present, too, and CBT is also excellent for dealing with this. The relatively minor physical blemishes can be helped in a number of ways, once your attitude is positive. and I agree with Anon --- get into volunteer work with people and animals in need, which will help you to forget your own problems, appreciate those of others, gain over-all perspective --- and meet a nicer bunch of people than usual.

Posted by: Mail me | 2009-07-22

zee dot help4you at gmail dot com

Reply to Mail me
Posted by: Anon | 2009-07-22

Get some professional help to assist you in your lack of self esteem.

There must be products on the market to help you with your scarring, and a good dentist can help you with your teeth.

Well, dont watch the news or read the papers if it freaks you out...thats obvious.

Find a Church to go to that inspires you...very rewarding.

Go and do some volunteer work at an SPCA, or old age home or childrens home, there you will see true heartache and suffering. Maybe you will see that a few physical issues is not so bad in the greater scheme of things...

Good luck Mate!