Posted by: Kiara | 2009-02-04

I just seem so stuck...
Or is it dead-end to day life...
Why does it seem so boring, well i look at most people and their lives are kind of the same but they seem so fine with it.My friends too, this is life, or is it?
Work 9-5, 5 days a week, get home -spend a little time with the family(which is the only hi-light of the day) then time to sleep because you so tired of the working day and not to mention travelling!
Only thing to look forward to is FRIDAY - the weekend comes relax, sleep late, spend time with family, friends, boyfriend(this kind of flies by) until sunday night, prepare for work the next day.Then the whole cycle starts again!!!The whole week all one can look foward to is friday then we have two days that just flies by so soon.
Is this life?
Then i always think to myself that my friends jobs are beter than mine, which is not really, could even be worse but they seem to be fine with it.WHY?
I feel like just packing up and moving, resigning, getting a job that i actually could live with.Well then reality sets in. I don' t have money to resign and still live really and even if i did all this would i end up feeling like this again...

Well, like includes tedium, and sometimes that's a relief from the intermittent dramas. And most people work through a less than thrilling week to be able to enjoy whatever they enjoy at the weekend. Other people's lives seem better, because they don't let you know how bad they feel about things. This "IS this all there is ? : syndrome is indeed common. On the other hand --- aoart from feeling unimpressed with what you have right now --- what more would you want ? Specifically ? YOu may be able to add some of that to the current mix, if you're ingenious. And as Mandi suggests, take stock of all the good stuff you have already.
And meanwhile, save to be able to afford an exotic trip, maybe once the worl economics gets a bit better sorted out

Posted by: Synic | 2009-02-04

Join the ruling Party and get into Govt or get into a Municipality. Forward planning, short end....medium term....weekend long term....month end. Beyond that, who cares. Free and fast travel, blue lights, guns and sirens free eating out,, free, sitting on your arlie all day counting paperclips...Yay !!! Trouble is, only those guys know the stations where the gravy train stops !!!

Reply to Synic
Posted by: Eva | 2009-02-04

Hey i feel exactly the same.... when i see those travelliing programmes on the TV i get so upset that i change the channel, when i hear of people who go travelling for months, years on end i envy them, I want that life!

Glad to see there' s someone out there that also feels like this....

Reply to Eva
Posted by: Mandi | 2009-02-04

Maybe you should sit down and physically make a list of all the good things in your life. Then you decide exactly what you want out of life and you make a step by step plan on how to reach your goal  what kind of job would make you happy. What would need to change in life to make it more interesting.

To me life is about the small simple things. Walking past a coffee shop and smelling the coffee beans. Lying on the grass until I start to itch. Closing my eyes and feeling my heart beat. Laughing until my cheeks hurt.

Yeah, sometimes my job sucks and I feel overwhelmed, but I' ve accepted the fact that there is NO perfect job and life gets dull and boring sometimes, but its up to each person to find the interesting bits. Get a hobby –  something creative.

Fact is  you’ re here for the long haul and you might as well enjoy it. I mean, what else have you got to do?

Reply to Mandi
Posted by: Leigh | 2009-02-04

Hi Kiara,

Know what you are saying. The only problem is that wherever you go you have to take yourself along. Maybe that is the place to start.

Reply to Leigh
Posted by: :o( | 2009-02-04

I know exactly how you feel. There has got to be more to life than this.

Reply to :o(