Question
Posted by: Bee | 2011/08/06

gore, concerned

I''m curious about death and such. I often view ''gory'' images on the web, some extremely violent, although i cant stand seeing ''any'' suffering of any kind, mostly all ''post death/mortem'' event images of all kinds, aftermath, if you will. I wonder if there''s something wrong with me. Is this normal? Curiosity? I worry b''cause a few years ago, such things would have caused me major fear and anxiety!
Your thoughts on this? Thanks B.

So you feel nosy about such situations AFTEr the suffering is over ? There are many possible significances if this is becoming an obsession or even an over-indulgence, but only in proper counselling are you likely to fruitfully come to understand it. Sometimes it's an issue of a sort of counter-phobic behaviour, confronting what used to threatening, and trying to confirm that it no longer has such power to bother you.
At a lesser level it's common enough, as witnessed by the major traffic jams caused by people who slow down to view an accident

2
Posted by: Bee | 2011/08/08

Yes ,the counter-phobic theory makes sense to me, thanks alot

Reply to Bee