Question
Posted by: Natasha | 2013-01-29

Good snacks for diabetic men

My husband is diabetic and therefore needs to snack between meals. We struggle to decide what to buy for his daily snacks.I would like to know what are good snack options for him to eat on a daily basis?

Dear Natasha
From what you mention, I wonder if your dear hubby has consulted a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), for an individual diet prescription? The dietitian would have specified which snacks he is allowed to eat depending on a variety of factors such as type of diabetes, physical activity, type of medications used, age, weight, etc. If he has not yet seen a dietitian, I would urge you to consult one as soon as possible. If your hubby is a type 1 diabetic on insulin then any snacks, I may mention could interfere with his blood sugar levels because of all the above mentioned factors. Click on 'Diet & Nutrition' and 'Weight loss' and 'The Glycaemic Index' and read the articles on the GI. Also click on ‘Food as Medicine' on the Diet Site and then on ‘Type 2 diabetes’.

1
Posted by: sonya | 2013-01-29

please advise me on what is good snacks for women to eat who have diabetes ?

Reply to sonya