Posted by: Nick | 2008/11/12

Good practice or malpractice?

Hi! I had to visit a urologist recently... I'  m a rugby player. Somebody stepped on my genitals when a scrum collapsed and now my penis goes skew when erect. When I visited my urologist, he asked me to make my penis hard while he stood there, for him to examine. Was this absolutely necessary? Is this correct practice?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageTeen expert

If your injury is only evident when the penis is erect then it would probably be the only way for the urologist to assess the damage and what potentially could be done about it.

If you have concerns about this then it is your right to ask the doctor if the examination was done correctly, or alternatively seek a second opinion with another urologist and discuss how they would assess the injury.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.