Question
Posted by: Klaudija | 2010/11/01

Good or Bad

Firstly, thank you for all your advice!

This is a diet I received from a friend to help shed some weight.
Please give your opinion as I would like to know if it is an acceptable diet to follow.

Much appreciated

MONDAY
Breakfast: Black coffee or tea without sugar and milk (limitless quantities)
Lunch: 2 Boiled eggs and spinach with a little salt
Dinner: 1 Big steak or 3 small steaks (grilled or baked), green salad and
1 fruit of choice

TUESDAY
Breakfast: Black coffee or tea without sugar and milk and 1 dry bread roll
Lunch: 1 Medium steak (grilled or baked), green salad and 1 fruit of choice
Dinner: Cooked ham in limitless quantities

WEDNESDAY
Lunch: 2 Boiled eggs, green salad and fresh tomatoes
Dinner: Cooked ham and green salad

THURSDAY
Lunch: 1 Boiled egg, carrots (cooked or raw) and Swiss cheese
Dinner: Fresh fruit and natural yoghurt

FRIDAY
Breakfast: Black coffee or tea without sugar and milk and grated carrots with
lemon
Lunch: Steamed fish and fresh tomatoes
Dinner: 1 Big steak (grilled) and green salad

SATURDAY
Lunch: Half a grilled chicken
Dinner: 2 Boiled eggs and grated carrots

SUNDAY
Breakfast: Tea with lemon and no sugar and milk
Lunch: 1 Grilled steak and fresh fruit
Dinner: NOW YOU CAN EAT WHATEVER YOU WANT

NOTES: Only black tea and black coffee without sugar and water are allowed. You cannot change anything on the diet and have to follow it as it is. Do not do more than 2 weeks at a time otherwise it turns into a weight gaining diet. You can do two weeks, the take a break for about two weeks then if you want to follow it again you can.

Dear Klaudija
This a variation of the old Atkins diet and is very high in protein, fat, saturated fat and cholesterol. but contains very little carbohydrate. This diet is also unbalanced and can lead to ketosis which can be dangerous. You may well lose lots of weight on this diet (which will be mainly water at the beginning), but once you stop using it, you will probably regain most of the weight you lost. This is not a diet that I can recommend and I would urge you to be very careful. Rather use a balanced , low-fat diet and regular exercise to lose weight. Luckily the drop-out rate on high-protein, very-low-carb diets is high, because most people cannot sustain this type of food intake for longer periods.
Take care

1

Dear Klaudija
Take care