Question
Posted by: ANON | 2009/01/21

GOOD NUTRITION

HI DOC I AM ON MY LAST MNT OF TB TREATMENT AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT GOOD FOODS I CAN EAT TO MAKE MY IMMUNE SYSTEM MUCH STRONGER AND WILL EXERCISE HELP

Dear Anon
I am glad to hear that you are nearing the end of your TB treatment and I hope that you will have recovered fully in just a few more weeks. A balanced diet that consists of plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables, lean meat, fish, eggs and whole, unsifted grains and cereals, plus milk and diary products like yoghurt and margarine and oils that are rich in poly- or monounsaturated fats (soft margarine or olive oil) will all boost your immunity. Take salmon oil capsules for additional omega-3 and discuss the use of a complete vitamin and mineral supplement such as Centrum of Supradyn Forte with the dr who is treating your TB. Sometimes vitamin and mineral supplement interfere with certain medications and can only be taken when you have completed your treatment.
Wishing you all the best for a speedy and complete recovery.

1
Posted by: lolo | 2009/03/04

I would like to know more about the Diet My sister she is on TB treatment.
regards

Reply to lolo