Posted by: fat bug | 2009-06-30

gonna change my lifestyle

hi doc am a 21 yr old female i weigh roughly 119kg' s and im 1.74m tall.

i promised myself that im gong to loose weight this year and ive decided that nows the time.

so tomorrow is the start to my long jorney to fat freedom.

so im deciding to cut out bread,rice,pasta,roti,chips and chocolate.

so wat do you think?

thanx doc :)

Dear Bug
Your present BMI = 39,3, which is very, very high. I would recommend that you first aim to get out of the obese range by reducing your weight to 91 kg (BMI = 30) and then progress from there. However it will take a long time to lose 28 kg. I am not in favour of cutting out all carbohydrates, and would rather recommend that you use an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet). As you lose weight and get more mobile, start doing some regular exercise like going for a walk every day. You will be able to increase how far and fast you walk as you get fitter, so start off very gently. If you find that you are experiencing problems with your weightloss it may be an idea to ask your medical dr about the use of Xenical. Xenical stops you from absorbing fat from the foods you eat so this automatically lowers your energy intake (each gram of fat you don't eat, saves you 37 kJ!). You should use Xenical with a very-low-fat diet to get the best results. You could use the Xenical to get you started on the right track and then just stick to the low-fat diet and steadily increase how much and how long you exercise. If you need assistance with a very-low-fat diet it may also be a good idea to see a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area).
Holding thumbs that you lose lots and lots of weight.

Posted by: fat bug | 2009-07-02

oh my word congradulations that just shows if you can do it i can do it also

Thanx alot

Reply to fat bug
Posted by: Ex-Fatty | 2009-07-01

I was overweight for years and years and was the expert on healthy low fat foods. Then I got a tip from a biokineticist and reduced my carbs drastically. I cut out all that you listed as well as most dairy. Not only did I lose weight but I also cured my irritable bowel. I take in ' lots'  of healthy fats like canola oil, avos, sardines, olives, almonds along with a healhy diet low in saturated fats, but also including lean mince. I take calsium and Vit B complex. Have never been healthier or thinner: size 10!

Reply to Ex-Fatty