Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/14

Gonal F

Dear Doc,

How many injections would one have to take and when do you start it. I have been using fertomid &  having timed intercourse, but no success. Doc said that it' s up to me to decide if I want to start using injectables. i only produce 1 follicle with the fertomid.

Please advise.

Dear Anonymous

The dose of Gonal F will depend on a number of factors including baseline hormonal status as well as the body mass index and age. For an average individual below 35 years of age a starting dose of 150 international units should be sufficient.

Answered by: Dr. M.I. Cassim