Question
Posted by: Pamela | 2010/04/24

golden retriever puppy

Dear Cybervet
I bought a beautiful golden retriever puppy 4 weeks ago, she is currently 11 weeks old. She is a very playful puppy which is normal but she is hurting my miniature yorkie (3 years old) which is bothering me. Whenever she see''s the yorkie she runs to and grabs her by the neck and shakes her around. I have tried to stop her by being firm and saying NO and smacking her on the backside but after 4 weeks she is still doing it. Is there anything else I can do to make her stop doing this? Will she grow out of it once the " puppy stage"  is over? I am taking her to puppy classes in 2 weeks time but as far as I know, they will just be teaching her basic obedience etc.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Pamela

Dear Pamela

The retriever is just being a normal puppy. You can try a water bottle to spray her with if things get a bit rough.

1
Posted by: Cybervet | 2010/04/29

Dear Pamela

Reply to Cybervet