Question
Posted by: tears | 2008/10/02

going to loose it very soon

HI Doc,

The problem wth my baby is that she has been battling with brochopneonia since birh and is in and out of hospital with that and she had reflux problems. Also admitted with that.\

They say that she associates me with sisters in the hospia that had to give her the injections etc. That' s why she is like that.

Im honest I feel like a bad person/mother because of that.

I understand. Two of a friend's children had smilar rough patches when that age, and have since been strong and wholly healthy --- I hope your little one will do the same. And odly, your second sentence matches something I nearly said in my first response --- she may indeed be associating you with the nurses who give injwections, and her father with the doctors who do NOT give the injections and perhaps treat her more kindly.
But it has nothing at all to do with you being a bad person --- you're a very good person, or you wouldn't notice or care. Its not your fault the nurses have to do the painful parts of her care, so she's become wary of them. Lin's suggestions are excellent --- take time to teach her that YOu are diferent from the nurses, and carry no needles --- that you are loving and nice to be with. And be patient, as it could take a little while for her to learn this.

2
Posted by: T | 2008/10/02

Don' t feel bad. When my baby came out of hospital he was such a nervous wreck for the first few days at home  didn' t want anyone else but i was there in the hospital with him so i guess that helped.
It' s fully understandable, just give her time to adjust. There was a time when my baby refused to sleep with me too for weeks and, though offended, I welcomed the break. It' s just a phase, it' s got nothing to do with how your baby feels about u as a person.

Reply to T
Posted by: Lin | 2008/10/02

Don' t feel bad. You did what was best for her.
Now, the thing to do is to spend 10 minutes a day of quality time wih her - play with her and don' t let ANYTHING distract you from her. Bath her and massage her and then read her a bedtiime story.
In no time her attitude toward you will change.
Just hang in there a little longer.

Reply to Lin