Question
Posted by: Anri | 2012/01/26

Going to a psigiatrist

Prof Simpson I did go to a psigiatrist at that time. The same person that subscribe my son'' s Conserta, but I just couldn''t do it.

Isnt ther another way? Maybe books to read. One of those books that YOU wrote? I''ve read your profile :)

Anything just to avoid talking about this. Strange, that my friend and co workers always come''s to me with their problems, and I love helping them. But for my own troubles I don''t have the answers or the guts to tackle them.

Thanks for your kind advise.

You see, NOT talking about it, and trying so hard NOT to talk about i, is a very major part of the problem. You can solve this set of problems, ONLY through talking about them. You should find any good psychologis will be kindly, sympathetic, understanding - and they will have heard even worse things before. You won't shock them. Though it may feel difficult at first to start talking about your concerns, you are very likely to find it increasingly easy and comforting to do so.
I have indeed written many books ( mainly because I couldn't find an existing book that dealt with the topics that interested me ) but I haven't written on this particular subject.
You may have seen a good psychiatrist - but of course if you didn't tell him about the central issue that was troubling you, he couldn't make the best diagnosis or identify the best treatment. Its like taking your car to a garage and refusing to tell the mechanic about that awful noise it always makes when you drive over 65 kph !

1