Question
Posted by: Cindy | 2010-07-26

going out of town

Next month I will be going to Rustenburg on a sports tournament for a week. I''''ve been there a few years ago so I now how the climate is there. Can you please advise what I can use to be more accustomed to their weather and not to feel sick whilst being there and something that won''''t hinder my performance please.

Hi Cindy

I'm assuming you're going there from somewhere at sea-level? Because if not, then there is nothing in Rustenburg that poses a challenge - temperature-wise, it's not extreme, and only the altitude could be a problem?

Re this issue, if you're going up, then you need 3 to 4 days to adapt before your performances are back to normal. This may or may not be possible, I'm not sure of your playing schedule (or even what sport it is). You might just have to ride out the first couple of days of the tournament as part of the adaptation process, but the effect is unlikely to be that large, unless you're going for running or cycling. As I say, I don't even know what sport you do, so I'm not sure what specific advice to give.

All in all, it's not as big a challenge as one might think.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010-07-27

Hi Cindy

Reply to fitnessdoc