Question
Posted by: GeBug!! | 2009/12/02

Going on leave???

I haven' t been on leave in a long time and work in a finance dept. My manager is indirectly refusing to grant me leave on a basis that we have a report to subit. What is me entitlement cos he says leave is not a right but a priviledge.
I said to him that I can discard the Jan 2010 leave (4days), however, I do need to accompany my daughter (Grade 1) for her 1st day at school. I do not have contigency plan as most people take this time of the year.
Please advice.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: GOING ON LEAVE

Leave is a right and you are entitled to 3 weeks leave consecutively per annum. Obviously this leave can be broken up. If you work a 5 day week, you are entitled to 15 work days off. You are entitled and have a rigfht to take 15 days every year.

1
Posted by: labour lawyer | 2009/12/10

RE: GOING ON LEAVE

Reply to labour lawyer