Question
Posted by: Nishaad | 2011/07/22

Going off the Pill

HI. I have recently stopped taking the contraceptive, after 7 years. Feel a bit of pain/discomfort in my stomach. Can one just go off the pill?

You can just go off the Pill. The discomfort may be due to ovulation which would not have happened whiole on the Pill.

2

Posted by: Lindie (Midwife) | 2011/07/25

Hi Nishaad

Yes you can go off the pill but you should preferably finish your whole packet before stopping. Do not stop midway through a packet. If you already did this, its fine.

You will experience quite a few symptoms that might be very similar to period symptoms. This is normal and its just your body adjusting to the hormone changes.

Reply to Lindie (Midwife)