Question
Posted by: suzette | 2011/03/16

Going off the pill

I have been on Diane for years and for the last 11 months, switched to Yasmine. I completed my full packet and finished on 7 March. On 11 March i started having bleeding (the normal bleeding I have every month during my inactive period on the pills). This usually lasts 4 days and did the same, this time around.

However, for the last 2 days I have had a dull pain in my abdomen that is sometimes limited to one side, but mostly over the whole area. It feels like period pains. The bleeding is finished, and I haven''t taken Yasmine again as we are trying to conceive. I know I am not pregnant as I have been on the pill up until a few days ago.

Any idea?

I'm afraid not. See what happens in the next few days.

3
Posted by: suzette | 2011/03/17

Thanks Cher. How long have you been off the pill now? A friend of mine went off the pill, had sex first time 2 weeks later and got pregnant immediately. Really happy for her but wish I could be the same .

Reply to suzette

Posted by: Cher | 2011/03/16

Apparently they call this withdrawl bleeding. Its your body''s way of coming right after all the pills. It normally takes up for 2-3 months before everything works like it did before the pill.

I have the same condition as my husband and I are also trying to conceive.

Good luck :)

Reply to Cher