Question
Posted by: Siranne | 2010/12/04

Going off the pill

My fiance and I are getting married in May 2011 and because I am 29 already we decided that we want to start trying to fall pregnant straight away after that. I''ve heard that it sometimes takes a while for a woman to fall pregnant after being on the pill for a long time (I''ve been on it for 11 years).
So I stopped taking the pill on Wednesday and according to my calculations I''m supposed to start my period on 11 December (would have if I was on the pill) but I started bleeding this morning! And its only the 4th! Is this normal? Now I am scared that I''ve gone off too early and I don''t really want to be a pregnant bride.

You must have stopped your pill in the middle of the pack. This results in a period a few days after stopping the Pill, so this is quite normal. You may well fall pregnant between now and May, so you should use contraception if you don't want this.

1