Question
Posted by: Lindsey | 2010-05-03

Going off the pill

hi Gynaedoc,
I have recently gotten engaged and plan to be married in April of next year.

I have decided to go off the pill now so my body has a full years break from ttaking the pill for so long. I have been on Femodene ED for over 12 years now.

i was wondering what the side effects of going off the pill will be?
I finished my period on Saturday last week, which is wehn I would go onto the hormone pills again, which I havent done, so I have been off for a total of three days (three hormone pills)
how long does it take for your body to re-adjust? what can I expect ?

thanks,

thanks,

You may have Pms symptoms and your periods may be a bit heavier. The initial adjustment may involve bloating, mood swings and sore breasts. this usually gets better after the first month.

2
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-05-04

Posted by: ka | 2010-05-03

I went off the pill about week after wedding and I fell pregnant atraight away and I was on for many years. You could fall pregnant immediately of within three months. MY last child, I fell pregnant within 2 months off the pill.

Reply to ka