Posted by: Astro | 2008-12-05

Going off pill, irregular periods

I have stopped '  the pill'  last month, my period was due 3 days ago but it seems to be late.......... before going on the pill (my reason for going on it) was due to very irregular periods. There could be 5, 10 or 30 days between them. And varied in flow from so little to VERY heavy and VERY painful. I never new when or what to expect.

Now that Im off the pill I am wondering if these inconsistant cycles will return?? Im certainly not looking forward to it if it is.

Doesnt the body regulate itself after being on the pill?
I have stopped the pill as we are thinking of trying to have a baby next year, so want my body to get it out of its system, (as well as the clinic not having any available for weeks) but now if Im irregular I wont know when I will be ovulating??

If there is an underlying cause for the irregular periods, then this will still be there after stopping the Pill. I would suggest that you see a gynaecologist.