Question
Posted by: Gloria | 2012/05/07

Going off Lamictin

I have recently found out I’ m pregnant and my psychiatrist has said that I should go off Lamictin immediately. I’ m feeling quite down, very irritable, unmotivated and everything seems to be quite a challenge. Is this normal and will it go away after a few weeks? I’ m still on Zoloft 50 mg.

Lamictin isn't an antidepressant as such, it's used as a mood stabilizer. Some meds are safer in pregnancy than others, with some it varies according to the stage of pregnancy ; and one always has to balance the slight risks of some meds, with the risks of NOT taking the meds and letting the illness get worse. Your mood may well stabilize within weeks ; anyway, this is worth discussing in more depth with your psychiatrist who knows you, your responses to various meds, etc., in detail.

2
Posted by: Gloria | 2012/05/07

Just wanted to say that I''ve been off Lamictin (100 mg) for two days now.

Reply to Gloria