Question
Posted by: Rox | 2008/09/12

Going off Cipralex

What is the best way to wean myself off cipralex, I have been taking it for 1 and 1/2 months, my doctor put me on it after asking me just one question. I don' t think it is actually necessary for me to take such expensive meds.

Thanks,

I don't know what sort of doctor you saw. before anyone is placed on medication there needs to be a proper assessment and examination, and a soundly based diagnosis, not a wild guess based on one question. I wish GPs wouldn't rush to prescribe Cipralex which is far too fashionable, for reasons that puzzle and trouble me. Best to see a properly trained psychiatrist or at least a better Gp for a skilled assessment, and discussion of treatment options. If you are indeed Depressed, it might be best for you to stay on the med ; if not, then you can discuss the smoothest way to come off it, and what else, if anything, might be helpful

1
Posted by: Cipralex user | 2008/09/12

Hi there!
I am also currently on Cipralex ad I agree, it' s flippin expensive. I was duagnosed as depressed and put onto t a few mnths ago. It has helped me so much! Go and get a second opinion before you stop using it just to ake sure...
I am dreading the end of my prescription....

Reply to Cipralex user