Question
Posted by: Annanda | 2010-02-11

Going crazy?

I' m an insomniac, I' m already taking purata 30mg and Ivedol each night just so that I can get some sleep. Beside the insomnia I think I' m going crazy, I forget so many things. I often just stare at the computer screen at work without remembering what I' m suppose to do, it is stuff I do every day and then the memory just dissapears like mist, I get my words topsy turvy when I speak and sometimes my speech slur. I have gone to do shopping, going to the mall and then phoning my husband because I can' t remember what I had to do there. I break out in a sweat with palpitations whenever I have to go to any store. Even going to buy bread and milk has become an issue. Sometimes I forget stupid things that I know, like my mom' s maiden name for instance. I honestly don' t know what to do anymore, it feels as if I' m out of control.
Could you advise please.

So far, in all the years I've been doing this, none of the people asking whether they're going crazy, have been going crazy.
Its hard to tell what is happening to trouble you, and you should best be seen for a proper assessment by a good local shrink. There are many potential causes of memory problems. A common one is being stressed, and no actually taking the time to let some things get into memory, so of course they are not available later. ALso, drugs of the Benzo family, such as most of those used for sleep can definitely affect memory, and in fact dentists sometimes deliberately use an IV dose of such drugs, not to control pain during a procedure, but so that you won't recall it afterwards. Purata ( Oxazepam ) can certainly do this
DO see a pleasant local shrink for a full assessment - this is most probably something that can be quite easily sorted out

2
Posted by: Annanda | 2010-02-11

Thanks, I guess it' s a good thing if I still wonder about my sanity. Lol. I' ll go and see a shrink.

Reply to Annanda