Going crazy

I don' t know whats wrong with me... and i know its crazy... My husband and I work together and yesterday there was an email going around with this hot woman in a bikini...ok, so I know how men are, as i work with only men... but my husband made such a fuss over this woman - i know the others may have made a comment or two, but none of them are ever as vocal as my husband was yesterday... so now this has really, really upset me!! and i dont know why im still - a day later - so upset by this???

I dont know if im just feeling tired and insecure... I had a baby 5 months ago... and although i have lost all my baby weight i still feel blah... my DH tells me everyday that im beautiful etc so what gives??

I read a post now about the lady that freaked about the porn... i have watched with my DH on several occasions and ive never felt like this before...

i feel sooo silly... but im still so upset... i actually want to cry!!???

Men sometimes do silly things like that in order to joke or look manly to the other men around ( just as most women dress so other woman will appreciate how good they look, as men may well not notice the trouble they went to ). Showing off is a major part of male culture --- but it was tactles and tacky. If he really was much turned on by the silly picture, he'd have been careful NOT to do so out loud so you could hear about it. Maybe there's a degree of PND, Post-Natal Depression around, or just some heightened sensitivity about your appearance and just not feeling as comfortable as you may have done before. Accept that it upset you, but delare an end to the upset, for your own sake

Posted by: Gracie | 2009-06-05

My ex father-in-law (who I am absolutely mad about) once told me - it was scientifically proven that men who like big boobs are dumb (he was joking of course)! Think about it - those big boobs only look good for so long - once babies come and old age starts creeping up, gravity sets in and then those nice big boobs dont look so good anymore unless they get a little help from their friendly plastic surgeon! Don' t allow stupid idiotic comments about boobs upset you! Take it from where it comes!! You must learn to shrug off comments and laugh with them - your husband will soon get tired of his childish act - it only impresses people for so long!!!

Reply to Gracie

but sometimes a good dose of their own medicine does wonders!
I actually did comment about the mail... they always say when they want to employ a woman that her elbows shouldnt be able to touch (big boobs) so i made a comment like that... it was about 30 min later that i got annoyed...

Posted by: Lady man | 2009-06-04

I agree with Gracie

Reply to Lady man
Posted by: Gracie | 2009-06-04

I have aso read the post about the PORN and I would freak out big time too! But porn compared to a good-looking woman in a bikini - dunno hey - don' t think that' s too serious! Maybe your husband just wanted to " show off"  in front of his colleagues - don' t make a big thing of it! It is after all just a picture of a woman in a swimsuit! Maybe you feel a bit " unsexy"  since you had the baby - I think that' s natural too even if you have lost all the weight etc. Don' t go causing a scene about something as trivial as that! Maybe you should' ve commented on her good looks too - that might not have been the reaction your husband expected from you! My dear - some 10 yrs ago I would' ve reacted the same way, now I don' t give a rat' s ass!! Life is too short to worry about something like that ... anyway there are too many hot men out there too - so when you see a nice guy walking by, ooh and aah and see if he likes it! Sounds childish, but sometimes a good dose of their own medicine does wonders!

Reply to Gracie