Question
Posted by: MJ | 2008/08/28

Going beyond the Plateau

I have been on Weigh Less for close to a year now. I am 1.57 and weigh 66.8kg and have been on that weight for 3 months or more. No amount of exercise and sticking to the program seems to be working. My goal weight was 62kg but it now seems impossible. Up to now I have lost a total of 8.6kg. Is it possible that my body might be refusing to let go of the remaining kg?? I tried varying the food, but that too doesn' t seem to work. Please advise.

Dear MJ
Firstly congratulations for losing those 8.6 kg - you are a **star**. Next time you are in the supermarket, have a look at 9 kg tubs of margarine - that's how much fat you have lost. I don't know what type of exercise you are doing, but when one hits a plateau it is a good idea to concentrate mainly on doing aerobic or cardio exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, rowing, spinning), because this type of exercise stimulates your metabolism and burns more energy than working with weights. Also increase how long you exercise each day. Discuss the problem of the plateau with your Weigh-Less councillor because you may need to adjust your intake (that's what they are there for!). If you find that this still does not help to restart your weightloss, then it may be a good idea to ask your medical dr to check your hormone levels (thyroid, insulin and/or female hormones) to see if you have an imbalance that is preventing your from losing despite the diet and the exercise.

2
Posted by: Leonie | 2008/08/29

Sorry make that leonie at multinetgroup dot co dot za

Reply to Leonie
Posted by: Leonie | 2008/08/29

I am trying to send you a web adres but i can' t . Please email me leonie at multinetgroup dot com

it will help you

Reply to Leonie