Posted by: helpless | 2012-02-03

Going back down the dark road :(

I recently got out of a relationship with a schizophrenic. i''m bipolar and my partner seemed to bring out the best and worst in me. i feel very manipulated and used and dont know what to believe in anymore. we were engaged and i really believed we could make it. i had to end it when it got to the point of total emotional and psychological abuse. i left my job, sold my possessions so we could start a life together, but that never happened. i tried to go somewhere new by myself and start over but when my employer found out i have bipolar i was told i was too much of a liability and was asked to leave. i feel very much alone as my family have never supported me and not really believe in mental disorders. i feel like whenever i try to live a normal life i get discriminated against because of what i have regardless of how well i am doing. i am worried because i haven''t felt this depressed in a very, very long time and i dont know how to do this alone anymore. i''m sad because i wish my mind could be okay and not sad at random. i''m sad because my life feels so empty. i''m sad because i feel so helpless and alone. i''m sad because life without the person i loved hurts and because that person is okay while i am still suffering. i dont know how i could ever be with someone else again, not after all that, i feel sick inside. i just really dont know how to pull through and that scares me.

Relationships arent easy a the best of times. And te more so whn both partners have health problems. Our needs don't always mach, in quality, quantity or timing. But abuse is never acceptable. You should consult a group like
SADAG about your legal rights not to be discriminated against for the presence of a bipolar disorder.
Your famil's ignorance and prejudices are sad, but must not b
e allowed to cause you harm or extra sadness --- you can with prper help do better, nomatter what the ignorant believe.
Discrimination against you purely on the bais of your having any particular disorder or disease is improper, unfair, and possibly illegal. Now, employers and others might have some reason for concern about how you behave, but you should be able to conrol that.
What mos distresses me about yur message, though, is tha you sound so alone --- your former pal is not the important thing you;re lacking, but you should be seeing a good local pychiatrist for continuing advice and treatment, and a support group like SADAG