Question
Posted by: Alex | 2009-05-07

Gogga/Anon - Pizza

Apologies, Diet Doc, for using your page as a platform!

Gogga, I' ve cooked/baked so many recipes out of ' Eating for sustained Energy'  and sometimes, too, pull up my nose at some of the arb ingredients that they list - but genuinely, it' s worth a try.

I made a sweet desert that called for beans and was horrified, but tried anyway and was completely pleasantly suprised. You couldn' t taste the butter beans and was a pretty good desert!

The strange ingredients, like the apple in the pizza base for example, lowers the GI content of the entire meal which is excellent if that' s what you' re looking for.

Point is - the low GI base recipe is probably worth a try - arb ingredients and all!

:)

Dear Alex
No problem. I don't mind if my Readers exchange tips, recipes, or advice and give each other moral support on this Message Board. The only thing that gets me upset is if someone uses this site to advertise dubious slimming products and treatments.
The use of high-fibre ingredients such as cooked white beans in recipes like chocolate brownies or cakes, etc, is an excellent way of lowering the GI of the dish and as you have experienced this does not affect the taste, but it does lower the fat content and the GI. If you use low-GI recipe books you will find all kinds of helpful tips for decreasing the GI of standard recipes.
Enjoy

2
Posted by: Gogga | 2009-05-07

Oh sorry, that was from me, Gogga.

Reply to Gogga

Thanks Alex, I' ll try! Problem is that the low GI recipes are much more complicated and need more ingredients than normal recipes. I wanted to try the biltong bread, but just couldn' t find the ProNutro wholewheat that the recipe needed! Also, there are no yeast baking recipes, only baking powder, and I detest the taste of baking powder. But I will try when I' m on holiday and have more time!