Posted by: Anon | 2009-07-03

Goats milk and isomil

My 8mth old baby seems allergic to cow' s milk formulas and I have been advised to use isomil. I want to know if it is a good thing to use isomil and goat' s milk intermittently, or should I rather just stick to one of these?

Dear Goats Milk/Isomil
I think you should use only one of these alternate milks at a time. Use either Isomil or goat's milk for a few weeks to see if your baby is happy and does not develop allergic reactions, but don't mix the two because if your baby should react to one of them, you won't know which one to exclude. It also depends if your child is allergic to milk proteins or lactose. If the baby is allergic to proteins, the goat's milk could also contain the same proteins and cause a reaction.