Question
Posted by: Lea1984 | 2008/08/25

Goal achievable?

I have a friendly bet wagering with my boyfriend, but before I take it on, I want to find out if it is indeed attainable.

I have a goal to lose 30kg and our bet is to lose 20kg in 3 months. My GP has placed me on Duromine 15mg, we gym (70% cardio + 30% weights as recommended by yourself) 6 times a week and eat healthily. Would this be achievable or is it way out of my league?

I weigh 95kg, am 1.57m tall and have a very big bone structure.

If you could please advise? Thank you very much.

Dear Lea1984
3 months equals approx. 12 weeks and if your diet is not a starvation diet, then you will lose about 1 kg per week, thus in 3 months I would say that a loss of 12 kg is very attainable, whereas a loss of 20 kg is a bit ambitious! Don't try and force your body to lose more weight per week to try and attain your goal because this can be counterproductive. Slow and steady losses on a well balanced diet with plenty of exercise is safer and more permanent that rapid losses. Your present BMI = 35,6, so it would be excellent if you can lose those 20 kg, which will give you a BMI of 28. Your ultimate goal of 65 kg will put you back nicely into the normal range with a BMI of 24,3. Rome was not built in one day either, so be patient and give your body time to adjust.
Holding thumbs for you and your boyfriend.

1
Posted by: Zexeon | 2008/08/25

It sounds possible but I won' t bet on it.

Reply to Zexeon