Question
Posted by: sammy | 2009-05-12

glycolic peel

How soon after ipl ellipse can i have a glycolic acid peel? I had 3 ellipse treatments 4 weeks apart - the last one on friday (8 may) and i am sorry to say that the ellipse has done nothing for my skin - it didnt improve my skin texture and didnt lighten pigmentation at all. Im very dissapointed in this and i do hope a glycolic peel will do more for my skin.
I started using neostrata product approx 3 weeks ago and i would like to do the glycolic peel once a month.
If i had my last ellipse on friday - how soon after can i have a glycolic acid peel?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Sammy, thank you for the question.

I am sorry to hear that you have not seen an improvement with the Ellipse treatment. There may be a number of reasons for this but the commonest causes for poor end results are usually due to two main reasons (not necessarily in your case):
Incorrect settings: the end result from any technology is dependent on the type of technology used AND on the operator choosing the correct settings.

Unrealistic expectations: one should take before photographs (VISIA skin analysis) so that any changes (or no changes) can be accurately documented. Occasionally we forget the original condition of the skin and these changes may be slow.

Occasionally certain pigmentation (such as Melasma) and superficial veins may need more aggressive treatment choices for clearance such as combining IPL with Bi-Polar Radiofrequency and laser.
Glycolic acid peels (NeoStrata – gold standard) will have some effect on pigmentation and my advice would be to add their Pigment Lightening Gel, Brightening Cream SPF 15 and the Renewal Cream. These can be safely administered 2 weeks following an IPL treatment if all scabbing etc. has completely healed.