glycolic acid peels

How many glycolic acid peels is needed before i would see an improvement in my skin tone and texture? also - will glycolic acid peels help to reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles? and how many is needed before i will see an reduction in the appearance of lines and wrinkles?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Anonymous, thank you for the question and my apologies for the long delay with my answer.

The improvement of one’s skin with glycolic acid peels is dependent on a number of factors: age of the skin, degree of sun damage, interval between treatments, topical products used before the peels start, and the type of glycolic acid peel used (as different brands have varying pH and free or unbuffered acid in the solution). The gold standard for glycolic acid peels is the NeoStrata range and with a good topical preparation of the skin one month before the peels start one can expect to see an improvement after 3 treatment sessions. Preparing one’s skin for a series of peel treatments would consist of glycolic acid and other alpha hydroxy acids, vitamin A derivatives and vitamin C.