Question
Posted by: sara | 2011-11-07

gluten or wheat intolerance??

I have spastic colon and have had to cut out a lot of foods. I also have rheumatoid arthritis. for a while now whenver I eat breads, pastas, oats, etc I get fevers, nausea and pains, feel faint and get bad cramps in my legs. I cut all this out for a week and felt so much better, the moment i introduced this again, i got stomach cramps, felt sick and woke up with horrible leg cramps. i''ve read that most people with RA develop gluten and wheat intolerances. My question is, how do I know the difference between the two and if this is definitely causing it?

Sara

The best course of action will be to consult your doctor for blood tests to determine your exact allergies.