Posted by: delene | 2008-12-04

Gluten intolerance and VSL 3

My daughter suffers from Gluten intolereance and has very bad diarrheea. The gastrointerologist has now prescribed the new mega probiotics VSL 3. Do you know this product?

Expert ImageProbiotics expert

Hi Delene
Yes, I do and it is a good product. It will not affect Gluten intolerant patients, in fact may very well help with digestion and nutrient absorption, in addition to her other symptoms.
Refer to

Posted by: Delene | 2008-12-08

Your pharmacy can order from Orphan (SA) pharmaceuticals. My daughter is showing good signs of improvement - she suffers from debilitating diarrheaa because of the gluten intolerance. keeping our fingers crossed - it' s quite expensive - R 530 for 30 sachets.

Reply to Delene
Posted by: Karen | 2008-12-05

I also heard about VSL 3. I read about it on their website as well. It sounds fantastic, but where can I buy it? Is it available in South Africa yet?

Reply to Karen