Question
Posted by: Jone | 2010/11/28

Gluten free probiotic and omega

Thank you Thank you for your answer on my oats questions.

Just another one, what is the best gluten, lactose, and yeast free probiotic and omega salmon products out there.

Dear Jone
This is a most interesting question and one I have not considered before. As far as I know probiotics, which are beneficial microorganisms should be gluten-free as I cannot imagine that the gelatine capsule such products are encased in would contain any wheat or gluten. However, probiotics that contain Lactobacilli may well contain traces of lactose depending on the manufacturing process. In addition some probiotics that contain Saccharomyces, would actually be yeasts. I will have to contact one of my colleagues who is an eminent microbiologist to ask her opinion for you. Salmon oil capsules should be free of all 3 components. You can in the meanwhile ask your pharmacist to check in the package inserts of the probiotics and salmon oil capsules what other ingredients they may contain before you purchase the products. Please send your e-mail address to Joanne.Hart@sa.24.com so that I can provide you with this info once I have a reply from my colleague.

1

Dear Jone