Question
Posted by: frinkly | 2010/03/23

gluten free food

help please... i have gluten, lactose and glucose intollerences. also intestinal candida. what works for the one, doesnt for the other. please give some ideas.. frinkly

Dear Frinkly
I was cut off before I could complete the answer to your question. Because gluten intolerance is a difficult dietary problem to treat and you still need to have a balanced diet despite cutting out all the offending foods (for example if you cut out all milk and dairy products you could develop a calcium deficiency), and on top of that you also need to eat low-GI foods for your glucose intolerance. I would, therefore, recommend that you consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area).
The dietitian will guide you through the initial phase when you need to get used to this complex diet and make sure that you are still obtaining a balanced nutrient intake.

1

Dear Frinkly