Question
Posted by: Miki | 2009-07-24

Gluten and wheat free bread at WW

hi i found this lovely gluteb,wheat and yeast free bread at WW, i am intolerant to wheat, so i really am happy re this, it tastes nice made from mainly corn products.

My ? is, i am trying to follow a low GI diet, i got it from a dietician years ago and i dont have money to go back to ask her this question.

How do i make this bread low GI, i.e. what can i eat it with or put on it to lower the GI as i assume the GI is high given that corn is not a low GI. Its a very light textured bread? is stl want to eat low gi and feel full but i cannot touch the seed loaf unfortuanetly.

Dear Miki
I am so glad that you have found some gluten, wheat and yeast-free bread at WW. To lower the GI of a high-GI food you can eat it together with other foods that are low-GI. For example by spreading some Lite margarine or fat-free cottage cheese or using other low-fat cheeses, lean meat, fish, boiled egg, avocado or peanut butter (if you are not restricting your energy intake), you will lower the GI of the combination.
Enjoy