Posted by: Anne | 2012-07-18

Glugofage XR

Is it safe to use Glucofage XR during pregnancy? I''m currently on one tablet per day. Could this be the reason that we''re struggeling to conceive?

Dear ann
The use of glucophage is not the reason why you are struggling to conceive, you need to investigate further as to why you are having difficulty trying to conceive. Initially glucophage was thought to cause a potential problem to the baby and therefore was not recommended to be used once fallen pregnant. However there is now good evidence to suggest it is safe to use in the first trimester and may decrease the chances of miscarriages in patients with high insulin levels and PCOS.
Answered by Dr Y.M.Dasoo

Posted by: Anne | 2012-07-21

Thanks !!!!!

Reply to Anne
Posted by: Lola | 2012-07-20

My gynea recommended I take Glugophage to help with my fertility issues, also, it helps reduce the chance of miscarriage

Reply to Lola