Question
Posted by: Ron | 2009-03-31

Glucose w/ creatine

Hi Vanessa,

I am going to be taking glucose with my creatine while training. how much glucose powder should i take with the creatine in 500ml of liquid?

Also, just to try something different I also bought glucose liquid. It looks like syrup. How much of the liquid shoudl I use per 500ml of juice or whatever?

Ron

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Hi Ron

Hope you did not pay too much for it as you could just as well have used plain sugar. The trick is to use about 35 carbs per serving of creatine thus the amount of liquid does not play a role other than making sure you hydrate well enough – recommendation is at least 3 l water per day – in divided doses if you are taking creatine.

Enjoy your concoction!

Take care
Vanessa