Question
Posted by: Des | 2009/11/10

Glucose tests

My GP sent me for a FPG fasting test. The results were 5.9. He says I should control my sugar intake and exercise and do another test in 2 months from now. If i fast from the previous night but use my home testing glucose machine, would I get similar results. What is the difference between the FPG test done at a lab and the test done at home?.

Hallo Des
I think the lab's test would be more sensitive but the home test would also give you reliable results if you do it right and your machine is correctly calibrated.

2
Posted by: John | 2009/11/10

I go for HbA1c test. Give your ave. sugar over 3 months.
Your home testing machine only give you what it is at the moment. NOT THE SAME.
FPG not the same

Reply to John
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/11/10

Hallo Des

Reply to cyberdoc