Question
Posted by: B | 2011/06/02

Glucose levels

Good Morning,

Good Morning,

A few days ago I cam across a free glucose testing station, so I decided to have myself tested. My blood pressure was slightly high due to my nerves (I was terrified to have my finger pricked!). After the test my glucose level was 6.4. Could you please tell me as much as possible about what that means?

B

A random glucose blood test of 6.4, is a little high and I suggest that you consult your doctor for a glucose tolerance test, which will give much more information, in order to exclude a light form of diabetes. Your doctor can also do a serum insullin level. If this is raised, you can be classified as a pre-diabetic. Do not be too concerned and adapt to a diet with a low sugar content and low GI count. The extra tests that can be done by a doctor, is more accurate, than a random, single glucose test.