Glucose 100 in urine

Please doctor advise on this, I m seven months pregnant and was at the hospital for blood and urine test. The results for urine is Glucose 100 or sumthing like that. I couldn' t see the doctor as he was not in and my appointment is on the 4June. I would like to know what does this results means. Is it an infection? IS MY BABY SAFE?

It is not due to an infection and is it is quite common for glucose to be present in the urine if one is pregnant. It is of utmost important to have a GTT (Glucose Tolerance Test) done, to exclude the possibility of pregnancy induced diabetes.

Consume lots of water and avoid sugar rich foods and drinks.

Posted by: Lisa | 2009-05-22

dont worry, your baby is fine :) dont stress! 100 is normal. anything over 120 or under 80 is bad.

Reply to Lisa