Posted by: Annie | 2011-04-04

Good day

I am about 10 kg overweight and insulen resistant. My doctor subscribe 500mg Glucophage (1 per day) and low gi diet and of coarse exercises. Fasting insulen levels was 14.7.

What exactly is the purpose and the function of the Glucophage because i cant say that this got ANY effect on me, losing weight. It feels that i am on a dead end with this weight not budging. Is the 500mg maybe to " light" ?. Should i drink 2 or 3 a day? Thyroid is also normal.
Can i maybe use Chromium picolonate and AntaGolin with the Glucophage?
I know pills is not the answer to weight loss. But if it doesnt do anything to assist, why bothering????

Thanks for your kind advise

Please do not adjust your Glucophage dosage. Rather consult your doctor if you want to do this. The essential core to loosing weight is a healthy calorie restricted diet, as well as 40 minutes of strenuous cardio-vascular exercise per day, at least least 5 times a week.

Glucophage is not prescribed to loose weight but to assist in the metabolism of glucose in the body.