Question
Posted by: Sandra | 2011/02/18

Glucophage

Been TTC for 4 years now, no luck. My cycle varied from between 29 to 32 days every month, never skipped.
Been put on Glucophage, been taking it for 1 month now.
I am on cycle day 33 now.
Is it possible that the Glucophage is delaying my menstruation?
I have had the lower back pain and cramps like I always do a day or two before menstruation starts, the sore boobs I get each month like normal, just no bleeding yet.
Does Glucophage do that?

No. Glucophage should not delay your cycle.

4

Posted by: Misty | 2011/02/18

Oh ok so sorry about that... maybe its too early to test.... if u don''t get a period but Monday then do another test and let us know, i on the other hand did not struggle to fall pregnant but did how ever struggle to hold the pregnancy I suffered several miscarriages all at 5-6 weeks doc did tests and picked up that my insulin levels were imbalanced i was put on Glucophage 850ml and ecotrin to thin my blood...i fell pregnant 2 months after taking it and my pregnancy progressed had a little boy who''s 2 yrs old now then June last yr found out i was pregnant again doc put me on this again and today i''m carrying a little girl.

Reply to Misty
Posted by: Sandra | 2011/02/18

Hi Misty
Did you get pregnant on the Glucophage only or did you take other tabs too?
I have had one Fertomid cycle and it did horrible things to me - I really don''t want to take it again.
I did a HPT this afternoon at lunch time - I go home for lunch - and no second line. :o(
Like Dè  Javu - same story each month for 4 years now....
It is only my 1st month on Glucophage, thus far it''s had a few side effects, abdominal cramps and winds, a bit of nausea just after a meal.

Reply to Sandra
Posted by: Misty | 2011/02/18

Or maybe you pregnant! do a test immediately and see wot happens and no Glucophage does not do that i was on it and it never delayed my period i ended up falling pregnant immediately and helped my pregnancy progress i''m now 36 weeks pregnant. Good luck and let us know.

Reply to Misty