Question
Posted by: Pam | 2010/11/22

Glucophage?

Hi DOC,
My periods have been irregular whereas we are trying for preggies. We went to c my gynae and he gave me glucophage to take daily and clomid to take if my periods comes. My husband and I really wanna have a baby. My gynae did a scan and found that my right ovary is bigger than normal and there were no other abnomalities. What causes the ovary to be bigger? Is it not gonna affect my chances of preggies? The treatment by my gynae is it gonna increase my chances of preggies? Am worried sick here!

It sounds from what your gynae has given you that you may have PCOS. This could be the cause of the big ovary. The treatments you have been given are to increase the chances of pregnancy.

4
Posted by: Unique | 2010/11/24

It''a sounds to me like you might have polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). Do take Glucophage as prescribed by your gynae. The good news is that only one ovary seems to have cysts

It really depends on the extent of PCOS - if your gynae was not concerned you should be fine to concieve. I concieved - without fertility treatment- after PCOS diagnosis. The cysts were also on one ovary in my case. Read up on PCOS and ask your gyane if you have it - blood test also confirms. I''m reading a book called ''PCOS and Fertility''. it has a lot of info for cases where PCOS affects fertility.

Reply to Unique
Posted by: Unique | 2010/11/24

Reply to Unique