Question

Glucophage

I am on 2000 mg Glucophage a day. It states on the packet that I have to take one in the morning and one in the evening

Will it not be better to drink it four times a day (half the tablet) to keep blood sugar levels at bay?

Dear Anon
Normally the dosage is one 850 mg tablet twice a day or one 500 mg tablet three times a day.
If you have side effects with your current dosage, you can switch to 500 mg three times a day or ask your doctor to prescribe the 850 mg twice a day. If you take the 1000mg tablet the dose will be twice a day. One also gets extended release forms of the medication.

2
Posted by: John | 2009/12/02

I am on 850mg X2 a day! You must have a uge problem.
If you google glucophage / metformin they say it is better to take it 3 times a day, than all at ones.

So, in your case 4 times should be better.
Good luck my friend

Reply to John
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/12/02

Dear Anon

Reply to cyberdoc