Posted by: lisa | 2009-09-28

I am currently on metformin for almost 6 years now and i haven' t
had a regular cycle. In june i had a miscarriage and went back on glucophage 500mg twice a day. i changed the brand of Glucophage and for the past 3 months after my miscarriage i have had regular cycles. Is this because of the Glucophage or the miscarriage?

Dear Lisa

The important fact that you told me is that you have had a miscarriage and that is a very good sign that you have the ability to be able to conceive. Now that you are back on Glucophage and that your cycles are regular usually indicates that ovulation is taking place. It is more likely that the Glucophage is causing you to have regular cycles instead of the miscarriage.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo