Question
Posted by: shainaaz | 2011-11-18

Glasses broke at work - not my negligence

Please advise on who is liable for the re-imbursement of my spectacles, bearing in mind that I fell at work through no fault of my own. My fall was dueto something either dropped or smeared on the floor that caused me to slip. Luckily I escaped with minor injuries to my knee and hand, however my spectacles were not so lucky as, the fall caused my spectacles to fall, a lens fell off on impact and the frame damaged.
my company say that their risk insurance does not cover that? what do i do - please help

i cannot claim from my medical aid benefits exceeded and cannot afford to buy another set of spectacles as i already paid cash for the ones that were damaged and i cant see without them

Expert ImageWorkplace health expert

If you slipped at work whilst performing your work related duties, you are covered by Workmens Compensation - they will also cover your glasses. Your employer has a legal mandate to report the incident as an IOD.

1
Posted by: Beatrice | 2011-12-05

Call me wind because I am abosultely blown away.

Reply to Beatrice