Question
Posted by: Kate | 2010/10/15

Glandular Fever

Hi Doctor,

I had glandular fever two weeks ago, and since then I have been feeling chronically tired and drained. Although I sleep at least 6-8 hours a night, I am exhausted by 3pm and crash in bed as soon as I get home from work. How long can I expect this to go on, as a result of the glandular fever, and is there anything in particular you can recommend to counteract?

Thank you!

Kate

Kate

The viral infection can leave you physically drained for at least four weeks. Sometimes these symptoms can become chronic. You can use a good multivitamin supplementation, like Centrum, combined with Selenium and Zinc supplementation.