Question
Posted by: Karin | 2008/06/03

Glandular fever?

Dr, I hope you can give me some advice...I'm feeling very frustrated and a bit worried! I'm 38yr old, female and generally healthy, except one aspect! I've been diagnosed with glandular fever (acute) 2 years ago.....Since then I've been having this terrible sore throat...First it was every 3 months, now it's every month....My throat is so sore, I can't speak(sometimes my voice is gone and I cough), my body aches(feels like flu), low fever and very sore muscles. My GP said this is post glandular fever syndrome...? She did full blood tests and also tested for all kinds of outo immune disseases...My blood looks fine, in the beginning of this year all 3 counts were still elevated to indicate glandular fever....She treats me with antibiotics, kortisone and gives me immunoglobilin(?) injections...this injections I had for the last 4 months....It lasts one month, then the symptoms reappear! Is there anything that we've been missing? What else can I do?

Dear Karin
I think you should just also get an ENT evaluation as you may have a chronic post nasal drip or a hiatus hernia with acid reflux at night which are common causes of chronic sore throats. Try using Moducare to stimulate your own immunity to get rid of the glandular fever virus.

2
Posted by: Judy | 2009/01/06

I hve been diagonised with glandular fever - is there anything to help with my tiredness?
Judy

Reply to Judy
Posted by: Tony | 2008/11/30

What are the symtoms

Reply to Tony