Question
Posted by: robert | 2010-10-22

glands under arm pits

I am marginally diabetic and on drugs. recently I had a small abscess on my right leg just below the knee. It was swollen and there was pus formation. It needed dressing with application of Benadine. This has now healed but now I observe that my right armpit had swollen glands which were slightly painful in the beginning the pain has subsided but swelling is there. The same has now occured on the left armpit. Please jusggest what could be the reason and remedy. I am in sixties

Robert

Being diabetic, you will be prone to skin infections. The swollen glands are reactive lymph nodes due to an infection of the skin or soft tissue of your arms. It will be best to consult your doctor for an examination and proper treatment. Your doctor should also test your blood glucose levels to evaluate how well your diabetes is controlled.